SASSA Grant Dates for March 2023: Payment Schedule and Information
If you’re a recipient of a SASSA grant, you’ll be pleased to know that SASSA has released its payment schedule for March 2023. Here’s everything you need to know about the SASSA grant payment dates for March 2023, as well as answers to some frequently asked questions.
SASSA Payment Dates for March 2023 and sassa r350 grant payment date information.
The SASSA payment dates for March 2023 will vary depending on the type of grant you receive. Below is a table outlining the payment dates for various SASSA grants:
|Type of Grant||Payment Date|
|Old Age Pension||02 March 2023|
|Disability Grant||03 March 2023|
|Child Support Grant||06 March 2023|
|Foster Child Grant||06 March 2023|
|Care Dependency Grant||06 March 2023|
|Grant-in-Aid||06 March 2023|
|Social Relief of Distress (SRD)||The SRD grand will be paid as and|
when applications are approved.
A Comprehensive Guide to SASSA Relief Grants and SASSA Grant Payment Amounts
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) offers various relief grants to individuals and families in need. The most popular of these grants is the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, which was introduced in May 2020 to assist those who lost their income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In this article, we will discuss all the important information related to SASSA relief grants, including the eligibility criteria, application process, payment methods, and more.
Brief summery of Sassa grant payment types and amounts:
The South African government provides various types of grants to assist individuals with financial support. The Older Persons Grant is available to people over the age of 60 years, with the value of the grant changing yearly. Currently, it is R1,990 per month for those between 60 and 74 years old and R2,010 per month for those over 75 years old.
The SRD Grant is a payment of R350 per month for people who do not have any financial means to support themselves. The Care Dependency Grant is available to parents or caregivers of a child under the age of 18 who requires full-time care due to a mental or physical disability.
The Child Support Grant is aimed at residents from lower-income households and provides financial assistance to the primary caregiver of a child under 18 years old. The Foster Child Grant is a payment for foster parents who need financial assistance to help take care of a foster child or children.
The Disability Grant is a payment for adults living with a physical or mental disability, making them unable to work for a period of 6 or more months. The Grant-In-Aid is a payment for current social grant recipients who are unable to care for themselves, in order for them to pay someone to take care of them full-time.
The table below summarizes the grant payment amount for different categories:
|Grant Category||Payment Amount (per month)||Increase from 1 Apr 2023||Increase from 1 Oct 2023|
|Older Persons Grant||R1,990 (60-74 years old)||R90||R10|
|R2,010 (over 75 years old)||R90||R10|
|Care Dependency Grant||R1,990||R90||R10|
|Child Support Grant||R460||R20||R20|
|Foster Child Grant||R1,070||R50||R10|
|Disability Grant||R1,890 (permanent)||R90||R10|
Eligibility Criteria for SASSA Relief Grants:
To qualify for SASSA relief grants, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or a refugee with a valid permit.
- You must be above the age of 18 years.
- You must not be receiving any other form of income or social grant.
- You must not be a beneficiary of the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) or the Compensation Fund.
- You must have a bank account or a valid cellphone number where the grant can be paid.
Types of SASSA Relief Grants:
SASSA offers the following relief grants:
Sassa Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Grant:
This grant is designed to assist individuals and families who are in dire need of financial support. The grant amount is R350 per month and is paid for a period of three months.
Sassa disability Grant:
This grant is for people with disabilities who are unable to work and earn a living. The grant amount varies depending on the severity of the disability.
Sassa old Age Pension:
This grant is for people who are 60 years and above and are no longer able to work. The grant amount varies depending on the recipient’s income and marital status.
Child Support Grant:
This grant is for parents or caregivers who are responsible for the upbringing of children under the age of 18 years. The grant amount is R460 per child per month.
Application Process for SASSA Relief Grants
To apply for SASSA relief grants, you can follow any of the following methods:
- Online Application: You can apply for the SRD grant online by visiting the SASSA website or using the Moya App. You will need to provide your personal details, bank account information, and supporting documents to complete the application.
- WhatsApp Application: You can also apply for the SRD grant by sending a WhatsApp message to the SASSA WhatsApp number: 082 046 8553. You will need to follow the prompts and provide the necessary information.
- Email Application: You can send an email to [email protected] with your personal details, bank account information, and supporting documents to apply for the SRD grant.
- In-person Application: You can visit the nearest SASSA office to apply for any of the SASSA grants. You will need to bring along your ID, proof of income, and other supporting documents.
Payment Methods for SASSA Relief Grants
SASSA relief grants are paid through the following methods:
- Bank Transfer: If you provided your bank account details during the application process, the grant amount will be deposited directly into your account.
- Mobile Money: If you don’t have a bank account, you can receive the grant amount through mobile money platforms like eWallet, CashSend, or MoneyGram.
- SASSA Card: If you don’t have a bank account or a mobile money account, you can receive the grant amount through a SASSA-branded card,
SASSA Payment Methods
SASSA payments are made through various channels, including ATMs, merchant outlets, and banks. You can also receive your SASSA grant through a SASSA card, which is issued to you upon approval of your grant application.
Is SASSA Going to Pay Double This Month?
There is currently no information indicating that SASSA will be paying double for any of its grants in March 2023. However, if there are any updates, SASSA will release a statement on its official website.
How Do I Check My SASSA Payment Status?
You can check the status of your SASSA payment by visiting the SASSA website and entering your ID number. Alternatively, you can contact the SASSA toll-free helpline on 0800 60 10 11.
How Do I Check My R350 Payment?
To check the status of your R350 grant payment, you can visit the SASSA website and enter your ID number. You can also check your payment status by dialing 1347737# from your mobile phone.
How Do I Check My SRD Grant Balance?
To check your SRD grant balance, you can visit the SASSA website and enter your ID number. Alternatively, you can contact the SASSA toll-free helpline on 0800 60 10 11.
How Do I Know If My SASSA R350 Is Approved?
You can check the status of your SASSA R350 grant by visiting the SASSA website and entering your ID number. You can also check your application status by dialing 1347737# from your mobile phone.
SASSA has released its payment schedule for March 2023, and recipients of SASSA grants can now plan accordingly. It’s important to note that payment dates may vary depending on the type of grant you receive. If you have any questions or concerns,
Visit sassa official website here.