Resurrecting the Galaxy FE Line: Samsung Galaxy S23 FE Rumors Gain Momentum
While it seemed like the Galaxy FE series might have met its end, the absence of a Galaxy S22 FE didn’t mark the final chapter. There’s a growing tide of leaks indicating that a Samsung Galaxy S23 FE is on the horizon, with its anticipated arrival sometime later this year.
In this article, we’ve compiled all the intriguing leaks and speculations surrounding this upcoming device. Not only will we delve into its potential release date, but we’ll also explore the speculated specifications and features.
Below, you’ll find all the juicy details, and we promise to keep you updated with any credible information that comes our way about the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE. So, make sure to check back for the latest updates.
Release Date and Pricing for the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE
Expected September Launch with a Minimum Price of $699 / £699 / AU$999.
For a period, there was uncertainty surrounding the existence of the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE. While numerous leaks suggested its arrival, conflicting reports, including a tweet from Yogesh Brar in late March 2023, cast doubt on its development. However, subsequent reports have not only confirmed the S23 FE’s existence but also indicated a potential launch as early as September, making it highly likely that Samsung is indeed working on the Galaxy S23 FE.
Earlier in February 2023, the South Korean publication Hankooki claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE was in the pipeline and slated for an August or September release. They mentioned the possibility of it replacing the Samsung Galaxy A74 in Samsung’s lineup, potentially resulting in fewer Samsung phone releases this year.
Furthermore, another source has suggested that the Galaxy S23 FE may debut in July, August, or September, albeit in select regions, with other areas expected to receive it later in the year or possibly even in early 2024.
As of late August, it appears that September is the anticipated release month, at least in certain regions, although one source has hinted at the possibility of a delay into early 2024.
However, a lengthy delay seems improbable given that the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE has already received Bluetooth certification, a step typically taken closer to a product’s launch.
While pricing details for the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE are yet to surface, it’s worth noting that the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE started at $699 / £699 / AU$999. Consequently, it’s reasonable to assume that the new model’s pricing will likely be in a similar range, if not slightly higher.
The Design and Display of the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE
The Design of the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE is Expected to Resemble the Samsung Galaxy S23, Potentially Featuring a Larger Screen. Leaked renders of the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE, some of which are displayed below, suggest a design closely resembling that of the Samsung Galaxy S23, which is not surprising.
Interestingly, the design bears a striking resemblance to the Samsung Galaxy A54 5G, with noticeable bezels and dimensions measuring around 158 x 76.3 x 8.2mm. Additionally, it shares the same 6.4-inch screen size.
Rumors also indicate that the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE will sport a 6.4-inch FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED display, along with an expected IP68 rating, similar to its predecessor. This IP rating signifies that the device is dustproof and can be submerged in fresh water up to 1.5 meters deep for up to 30 minutes.
The Cameras and Battery of the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE
- The primary camera on the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE is expected to feature a 50MP sensor, possibly the same one found in the standard Galaxy S23.
- Additional rumored camera specs include a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens and an 8MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. There is also mention of a 12MP front-facing camera.
- It’s worth noting that these camera specs align closely with those of the standard Samsung Galaxy S23, though there’s some discrepancy regarding the telephoto camera, with one source suggesting a 12MP sensor and another mentioning a 10MP sensor.
- In terms of the battery, reports indicate that the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE could be equipped with a 4,500mAh battery, supporting 25W wired charging, similar to the Galaxy S21 FE. Wireless charging is also rumored to be supported.
- A recent posting on a South Korean certification website hints at the phone’s battery but doesn’t confirm its capacity. Nevertheless, this development adds to the growing anticipation surrounding the phone’s imminent launch.
The Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE
- The Samsung Galaxy S23 FE might be powered by the Exynos 2200 chipset, similar to the Galaxy S22.
- Storage options are rumored to include 128GB and 256GB variants.
- RAM configurations could offer a choice between 6GB and 8GB.
- It’s worth noting that if you were hoping for the same chipset as the Galaxy S23, you might be disappointed. Reports from leaker @Tech_Reve and SamMobile suggest that the S23 FE will indeed feature the Exynos 2200 chipset, and this chipset is expected to be used in all regions.
- There’s also a possibility that some regions might receive a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset instead. However, both of these chipsets were previously used in the Samsung Galaxy S22, so they are not the latest technology. This choice could potentially help keep the phone’s price competitive.
- In addition to the chipset details, multiple sources have indicated that the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE will offer storage options of 128GB and 256GB, along with RAM choices of 6GB and 8GB.
- It’s likely that the available combinations will be 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB, but precise details have not yet been leaked. 5G support and an under-display fingerprint sensor are expected features.
- Lastly, there are reports suggesting that the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE might run on Android 13, with a commitment to four years of Android version updates and five years of security patches.”